We are almost finished with the sunroom, with chairs recovered, rugs purchased, and all that’s left is a little accessorizing in there and I’ll be sharing it when it’s finished.
I’m still waiting to get my master bathroom started and am chomping at the bit to get that project going. I'm Rhoda, from Atlanta, GA and I love decorating and DIY projects.
They have moved into the kitchen now and are painting the cabinets (hired a painter for the family room and kitchen to move things along) and it’s looking really good.
Today, I’m sharing their family room fireplace, a traditional red brick fireplace that was in need of updating.
If you think your brick might be dirty or greasy, then washing it down with soap and water would be ideal. Tape off any areas that you don’t want paint to get on. I bought a good primer that I’ve used before, Zinsser Bulls Eye primer and sealer (water-based) and that was applied first, then the Satin finish Benjamin Moore paint in Revere Pewter.
Sex date brussels - Updating a brick fireplace
This is the same shade we used in the sunroom and it looks great here on the fireplace too.Seeing the progress is exciting and Andrea is thrilled with the results so far.Here’s the update in the hallway using Revere Pewter.We are going to lighten and brighten up this space with paint.The paneling has also been painted and I’ll be sharing this whole room after we get new furniture and get it all decorated and accessorized. I bought supplies to get started and first vacuumed the fireplace brick really well to remove the dust that was on there.Finally, we have more progress at Andrea and David’s house! They are getting back on track with the renovation process of their 1950’s home that I shared with you a few months ago.It will probably be months in the making, as we choose rugs, fabrics, and totally paint the inside of their house.The rest of this room will be painted White Dove by Benjamin Moore. It doesn’t have to cover every little crevice, but adding this step helps the paint to go on smoother and it only took one coat of paint on the brick to cover.I used Urbane Bronze, a Sherwin Williams color for the mantel and chose a Medium Lustre finish for that. I worked on the priming and used a paintbrush and small roller to cover.They are going to love using this room and getting the rest of it together.Fresh green topiaries bring out the green in the painting. The lantern from Kirklands is chunky and adds warmth with the rustic wood and iron.